At our Birchington surgery there is an on-site professional dog grooming salon run independently by Zoe Ledner, a Level 3 NVQ qualified groomer, with the knowledge and experience to professionally groom and pamper your dog - whatever the breed. Grooming is essential to any dog’s health, wellbeing, and happiness and our expert groomer will give your dog a well-deserved pamper session, whilst ensuring they are in peak condition. You can rest assured your dog will be in the most capable hands.
Grooming Salon Treatments
Zoe strives to provide an excellent service and wonderful results for all of the clients and their pets. For all treatments, Zoe will begin by assessing your dog's coat and discuss with you, the owner, what you would like doing. It may be the case that they will discuss what is considered to be the best course of action, particularly if the coat is matted. Zoe will then carry out the following process depending on your chosen treatment:
Commencing with a mini health check by looking for any bumps and lumps, warts, external parasites and anything else that might stand out. If necessary, Zoe will advise if your dog needs to be seen by a vet. Your pet pooch will then be treated to a good scrub in the bath with a shampoo that is suitable, and then thoroughly dried. Zoe will then Clip, scissor the feet, and remove hair from pads (clipping inside the pads if very hairy), a hygiene clip, as well as the armpits taken shorter as these areas become matted easily before the final styling. Nails are trimmed, eyes are wiped and ears are cleaned when requested.
Double Coated Breeds
Zoe will begin by brushing your dog’s coat ensuring the removal of all dead and moulting hair. Then onto a deep scrub in the bath, followed by a cold blast to ensure all their dead coat comes out before a thorough dry. Finally, scissor their feet and in-between pads, trim featherings and skirt and do any finishing touches as required. Nails are trimmed, eyes are wiped and ears are cleaned when requested.
The Importance of Grooming
In the same way that we humans need to brush and wash our hair regularly, grooming is largely about hygiene and healthcare for your pet pooch. In fact, there are a host of benefits to grooming which promote good health and the upmost comfort of your pet, including:
- Reduces Infection – Keeping the eyes and ears clean with regular grooming dramatically reduces the risk of infection that may otherwise occur.
- Eliminates Stress – According to some experts, grooming can reduce the stress levels of your pet!
- Minimises Allergens – Shorter, clean coats reduce the build-up of allergens, such as pollen, that can make many dogs itchy.
- Identification of Skin Conditions – Grooming will ensure the early identification of potential skin problems as well as fleas or mites which can often be uncomfortable, irritating, and something painful for your dog. Regular and managed grooming will also considerably minimise the risk of your pet developing a skin condition in the future.
- A Manageable & Healthy Coat – Appropriate cutting not only helps with moulting but ensures a more manageable coat. Additionally, brushing spreads healthy oils, stimulates blood flow and circulates air to hair follicles for a shiny, healthy coat.
- Maintains your pets comfort & overall wellbeing.
- Keeps your pet clean & smelling fresh.
Zoe runs her own loyalty scheme. Clients to the salon will now get £5 off their fifth groom and £10 off their tenth! Don't forget to pick yours up at your next visit!
Thanet Vets - Cat Grooming Days
Here at Thanet Vets we hold regular cat grooming days on Mondays throughout the year at our professional on-site grooming salon in Birchington. NO DOGS will be in the salon on these special days making it a less stressful environment for your cat.
Give us a call to find out more.